Obama while U.S. senator from Illinois, used his brief career to essentially snipe at President Bush and others in his administration over what he believed were a series of legal and constitutional abuses.
But unlike Bush, the Obama Administration has been scandal after scandal, several of which have exploded onto headlines within weeks after he was reelected to a second term in November. Many, sad to say, were either not covered by the so-called media or dropped after a few days. My guess is that the media is mostly likely behind the scandals with Obama or want to protect their LIAR – Obama!
Although, not all are scandals, they do need to be mentioned so that they are not forgotten. Thus, below is the list that I’ve put together from my research:
1. IRS targets Obama’s enemies: The IRS targeted conservative and pro-Israel groups prior to the 2012 election. This so-called phony scandal that Obama claims just gets bigger each day!
2. Benghazi: This is actually three scandals in one: The failure of administration to protect the Benghazi mission; the changes made to the talking points in order to suggest the attack was motivated by an anti-Muslim video; and the refusal of the White House to say what President Obama did the night of the attack.
3. Keeping an eye on The Associated Press: The DOJ getting the phone records as part of a leak investigation.
4. Rosengate: The Justice Department suggested that Fox News reporter James Rosen was a criminal for reporting about classified information and subsequently monitored his phones and emails and lying to a court to get a search warrant to tap his phone.
5. Potential Holder perjury I: Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress he had never been associated with “potential prosecution” of a journalist for perjury when in fact he signed the affidavit that termed Rosen a potential criminal.
6. The ATF “Fast and Furious” scheme: Federal agencies with Holder’s knowledge allowed weapons from U.S. gun dealers to “walk” across the border into the hands of Mexican drug dealers. Holder now wants to hide the emails for the Congressional committee that is investigating Fast & Furious. In fact, Congress has issued a contempt. In fact, and day now the court should be issuing its findings!
7. Potential Holder perjury II: Holder told Congress in May 2011 that he had just recently heard about the Fast and Furious gun walking scheme when there is evidence he may have known much earlier. It is well known that both Obama and Holder are for gun running.
8. Sebelius, from HHS, demands payment: HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicited donations from companies HHS might regulate.
9. The Pigford scandal: An Agriculture Department effort that started as an attempt to compensate black farmers who had been discriminated against by the agency but evolved into a gravy train delivering several billion dollars in cash to thousands of additional minority and female farmers who probably did not face discrimination nor ran a farm!
10. GSA gone wild: The General Services Administration in 2010 held an $823,000 training conference in Las Vegas.
11. Veterans Affairs in Disney World: The agency wasted more than $6 million on two conferences in Orlando.
12. Sebelius violates the Hatch Act: A U.S. special counsel determined that Sebelius violated the Hatch Act when she made “extemporaneous partisan remarks” during a speech in her official capacity last year. During the remarks, Sebelius called for the election of the Democratic candidate for governor of North Carolina. Of course, nothing has been done about the violation.
13. Solyndra: The Obama Administration funded and promoted its poster boy for green energy despite warning signs the company was headed for bankruptcy. In addition, the Obama administration also allegedly pressed Solyndra to delay layoff announcements until after the 2010 midterm elections. Since then many more Solyndras have gone out of business and letting the US taxpayers on the hook for millions of wasted dollars. I almost forget to mention, that the people that ran those companies were friends of Obama. The one
14. Lisa Jackson – Former EPA Administrator: Lisa Jackson used the name “Richard Windsor” when corresponding by email with other government officials. And now we find out that other Obama administers (Lois Learner of IRS fame comes to mind) used either fake email address or person emails to conduct government business – a crime! What the heck were they hiding since they did not use their FREE government emails?
15. The New Black Panthers: The Justice Department was accused of using a racial double standard in failing to pursue a voter intimidation case against Black Panthers who were menacing voters at a polling place in 2008 in Philadelphia.
16. Waging war all by myself: Obama may have violated the Constitution when Obama attacked Libya without Congressional approval. Of course, Obama supporters were OK with the action. Who needs to follow the Constitution – that old document!
17. Biden bullies the press: Vice President Biden’s office has repeatedly interfered with coverage, including forcing a reporter to wait in a closet, making a reporter delete photos, and editing pool reports.
18. AKPD payment: The administration paid millions to the former firm of then White House adviser David Axelrod to promote passage of Obamacare. At the time, AKPD owed Axelrod $2 million.
19. Sestak: Former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel used Bill Clinton as an intermediary to probe whether former Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pa.) would accept a prominent, unpaid White House advisory position in exchange for dropping out of the 2010 primary against former Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.).
20. Obama goes around Congress: Obama has repeatedly been accused of making end runs around Congress by deciding which laws to enforce, including the decision not to deport illegal immigrants who may have been allowed to stay in the United States had Congress passed the “Dream Act.” And now, Obama says he will attack Syria even if Congress says “NO” to him attacking Syria. Obama is even willing to start World War to TEACH the Syrian leader a lesson!
Obama’s second term has been telling – there is no telling how many more scandals will erupt and if Obama ran his first administration scandal free. Afterall, we know that he CHEATED to win another term – Most Americans, except Congress and the Republican Party, know that voter turnout cannot exceed 100%!